Haiku Maui Vacation Rentals
The north shore of Maui is such a unique island experience. So different than the resort communities in places like Wailea and Kaanapali. You have a more laid back island style. Maui visitors love coming out to the northshore in the winter to view the large surf. Visitors also love visiting Paia town, it really is a cool place, with people from all over the world loving Paia Maui.
Paia Maui Vacation Rentals
I want to share a few things to do in places like Paia Maui and Haiku town. Paia Maui is an old plantation town. Not to long ago there was no traffic in Paia, you could pretty much walk down the middle of the street and not get run over. Paia Town use to have mom and pops store like Horuchi’s, which now is a surf shop.
Okay here is my “Top Ten Things To Do in Maui’s North Shore”. I will start with Paia Town.
1. Paia Fish Market has the best fresh fish, fish burgers, fish tacos, always a crowd favorite.
2. I am also going to add in Flatbread Pizza people love this place.
3. Mana Foods is a must stop. Mana Foods is an island favorite for healthy foods, there hot bar is excellent, and make sure you try there fresh baked good.
4. Maui island favorite is Café Des Ames. Can you say fresh Crepes, love their fresh brewed coffee. Café Des Ames is always packed, and there is a good reason for it.
5. You can’t visit Paia Maui, with out a morning walk on Baldwin Beach. Some mornings it feels like Tahiti, just sunny beautiful morning like today.
6. A visit to Hookipa Beach Park to watch some of the world’s Best Windsurfers and Kiters tearing up the surf. Hookipa is also a great place to surf, but not really a beginner surf spot. WInter time the surf can get big at Hookipa Beach.
7. Okay how can I not recommend Mana’s Fish House, an island favorite for years. Mana’s Fish House is right on the point in Kuau, right before Hookipa Beach Park. Mana’s Fish House has mastered the art of cooking fresh fish and the ambiance is to die for.
Mama’s FIsh House Paia Maui
8. Haiku town is a must, it really is the soul of the north shore. Many people like my self call it home. you can visit Pauwela Cannery, places like Collen’s is an island favorite for a good meal anytime of the day. Vegout is a local favorite offering fresh vegan dishes. My wife love to eat at VegOut, grab a quick bite. Then there’s Nuku’s Sushi Bar. Nuku’s is always packed, try and get there early. You will also love some of Haiku’s famous food trucks, fresh tacos and Greek food, so good.
9. Haiku also has great ziplines, acutally located just up the street from our vacation rental PineappleCottage.
Pineapple Cottage Vacation Rental
10. Visit our Haiku vacation rental. Pineapple Cottage Maui. Located on 2.5 lush acres. Tropical flowers, fruit trees and running stream to wake up to, with birds singing. We are just down the street from Haiku Cannery. Our cottage is a remodeled two bedroom plantation cottage. You will enjoy the beautiful hardwood floors and special touches that my wife has added to make it feel like home on Maui. All of our guest have found Pineapple Cottage to be a wonderful island getaway from the normal hotel or condo experience.
So if you’re going to be visiting the northshore of Maui. Discover for your self the Aloha Spirit, and the feeling of old Hawaii that prevails on Maui’s northshore. For more information about Maui vacation rentals in Paia and Haiku Maui, visit my website. If you’re looking at buying real estate on Maui, I been selling real estate on Maui’s northshore, upcountry Maui and South Maui for 21 years. So make Maui’s northshore your next island getaway.
Aloha Steve and Ivy Nickens
Pineapple Cottage Haiku Maui Website
Maui Real Estate Website.