Thanksgiving on the Island of Maui It’s Thanksgiving weekend, Maui visitors are taking advantage of week-long vacation. I was driving through the airport and the parking lot is full. Our vacation rental in Haiku has been busy with guests from Canada here to windsurf on Maui’s Northshore. On Maui, they are currently running the last event of the WSL women’s pro division at Honolua Bay, so head out there if you’re on Lahaina side of the island. The WSL men’s division is on the Northshore of Oahu, “the Triple Crown of Surfing” has been running. The second jewel of the event is about to start at Sunset Beach. This will be an exciting event, if you’re on Maui you can watch it on Oceanic Time Warner Cable channel 250. Well, so far the end of November has been windy, but early morning on the south shore has been delivering some sunny weather. On the Northshore, the windsurfing community has been busy, lot of windsurfers here from Europe to enjoy the surf and wind. If you happen to be planning a trip to Maui, keep in mind our Pineapple Cottage in Haiku Maui. It is a two-bedroom cottage on the edge of a gulch and occasionally you can hear the streaming running by. Our vacation rental in Haiku is located on 2.5 acres of lush tropical land. My wife and I developed this property 26 years ago. Our property has tropical flowers and fruit trees, and sometimes my vegetable garden is full of sweet greens. This winter if you are looking for an island getaway, Pineapple Cottage is the perfect quiet getaway. We have a 5-star rating on VRBO and Air B&B. The cottage was recently being remodeled with granite counter tops, new wood floors and newly furnished. We are located 15 minutes pass Paia, Maui, the first turn off as you enter Haiku, Maui. If you’re looking for the perfect escape to paradise for your Maui vacation, Haiku might just be your next island adventure. You can visit out Maui vacation rental on our website Haikumauivacationrental.com. We are just minutes to the heart of Haiku Town, and real close to Hookipa Beach Park for surfing and windsurfing. Paia, Maui and upcountry Makawao, Maui are two of the coolest towns on this side of the island, only 15 minutes away for both towns for shopping and dining at a number of great restaurants. Hope you’re having Happy Holidays. Aloha and hopefully see you soon. Steve & Ivy Pineapple Cottage Haiku, Maui Cell: 808-280-2208 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Maui Real Estate nickensmaui.com
3. Mana Foods is a must stop. Mana Foods is an island favorite for healthy foods, there hot bar is excellent, and make sure you try there fresh baked good.
4. Maui island favorite is Café Des Ames. Can you say fresh Crepes, love their fresh brewed coffee. Café Des Ames is always packed, and there is a good reason for it.5. You can't visit Paia Maui, with out a morning walk on Baldwin Beach. Some mornings it feels like Tahiti, just sunny beautiful morning like today. 6. A visit to Hookipa Beach Park to watch some of the world's Best Windsurfers and Kiters tearing up the surf. Hookipa is also a great place to surf, but not really a beginner surf spot. WInter time the surf can get big at Hookipa Beach.
7. Okay how can I not recommend Mana's Fish House, an island favorite for years. Mana's Fish House is right on the point in Kuau, right before Hookipa Beach Park. Mana's Fish House has mastered the art of cooking fresh fish and the ambiance is to die for.
8. Haiku town is a must, it really is the soul of the north shore. Many people like my self call it home. you can visit Pauwela Cannery, places like Collen's is an island favorite for a good meal anytime of the day. Vegout is a local favorite offering fresh vegan dishes. My wife love to eat at VegOut, grab a quick bite. Then there's Nuku's Sushi Bar. Nuku's is always packed, try and get there early. You will also love some of Haiku's famous food trucks, fresh tacos and Greek food, so good.
9. Haiku also has great ziplines, acutally located just up the street from our vacation rental PineappleCottage.
10. Visit our Haiku vacation rental. Pineapple Cottage Maui. Located on 2.5 lush acres. Tropical flowers, fruit trees and running stream to wake up to, with birds singing. We are just down the street from Haiku Cannery. Our cottage is a remodeled two bedroom plantation cottage. You will enjoy the beautiful hardwood floors and special touches that my wife has added to make it feel like home on Maui. All of our guest have found Pineapple Cottage to be a wonderful island getaway from the normal hotel or condo experience.So if you're going to be visiting the northshore of Maui. Discover for your self the Aloha Spirit, and the feeling of old Hawaii that prevails on Maui's northshore. For more information about Maui vacation rentals in Paia and Haiku Maui, visit my website. If you're looking at buying real estate on Maui, I been selling real estate on Maui's northshore, upcountry Maui and South Maui for 21 years. So make Maui's northshore your next island getaway. Aloha Steve and Ivy Nickens Cell: 808-280-2208 Email: email@example.com Pineapple Cottage Haiku Maui Website Maui Real Estate Website.
Spring Time on Maui’s Northshore As winter comes to an end on Maui, you start to notice that spring is approaching. One of the early signs is the shower trees are starting to blossom all over the island. I love the pink shower trees with their vibrant colors. One thing that I do every spring is drive up to Kula Maui to take pictures of the Jacaranda trees flowering, they are just stunning. Starting at the King K high school, all the way out to Ulupalakua Ranch you will be amazed at the sight of these beautiful trees. Just last year I planted a Jacaranda tree in my yard I love them so much. I do have Hong Kong Orchids trees, and a couple shower tress, love the display of blossoms going off. Another sign of spring is the trade winds returning after a poor showing this winter. Windsurfers and kite boarders love spring on Maui. There are still waves and wind on the Northshore of Maui. You also have all the windsurf companies showing up to take photos of all the new product lines for water sports. We just had the DaKine marketing team staying at our Pineapple Cottage vacation rental in Haiku. They brought in a team to work with local watermen and women to display their products on-line and to feature in magazines. For me it’s a shift from surfing all winter, to getting my windsurf gear out and enjoying the water when I am not selling real estate on Maui. Spring is also a changing of the guard, where the winter snowbirds return to their summer homes, and people trade in their ski equipment for kiteboards and windsurfing gear. It’s like the Geese returning to their summer grounds. So if you’re looking at visiting Maui, you might keep Pineapple Cottage vacation rental in Haiku Maui as a tropical getaway for Spring time. The Northshore of Maui is a very cool place, with lots of interesting things to do. Paia Maui is such an international destination with people from all over the world. Upcountry Maui has Makawao town with cool boutiques stores and great eateries. So this spring looking for Maui vacation rentals on Maui’s Northshore, consider Pineapple Cottage vacation rental in Haiku Maui. Aloha, Steve & Ivy
Windsurfing on Maui’s Northshore in Spring.Well spring time has arrived on the Northshore of Maui. This time of year windsurfers from around the world come to Maui, to test out their new windsurfing gear at places like Spreckelville, and Hookipa Maui. Currently we have the DaKine marketing team staying at our vacation rental, Pineapple Cottage vacation rental in Haiku Maui. Along with the windsurfer arriving on Maui, there are photographers and marketing teams that are here to shoot some of the top windsurfers in the world for magazine ads and marketing material. Spreckelsville Maui is a popular out of the way beach to windsurf and capture some amazing footage. Spring time on Maui is also changing of the season, the snowbirds are trading in their skis and snowboards for sailboard and kite boards. The trade winds are starting to pick up, hopefully we will have a lots of sailing time this spring heading into summer. Kite boarding on Maui has become really popular. I been windsurfing for five years on Maui, and have been tempted to try kiteboarding. On the light wind days’ kite boarding really is the way to go. Kiting on Maui has become such a popular new sport. Kanaha Beach is really a great place to learn to Kite, and the waves are so playful. So if you’re thinking about coming to Maui to windsurf or kiteboarding? Keep in mind our vacation rental on Maui’s Northshore, the Pineapple Cottage in Haiku Maui. We just got our license from the county at the end of 2015. We have had visitors from Switzerland, England, Canada to Santa Barbara. One of our guest gave us a 5 Star rating. Very private, lush, located on 2.5 acres, two-bedroom cottage, just completely remodeled. So hope you make it to Maui for spring windsurf session. If you’re looking for a Northshore vacation rental keep us in mind. Aloha Steve &Ivy