Things to do on Maui
- I guess I will start with my favorite sports. I love to surf and windsurf on Maui. I should add stand up paddling and Kiting. Depending on the time of year, makes a difference on the side of the island and what sport. If you want to surf 50ft waves at Jaws, winter is the season, but most people want something a little tammer. If your an advanced windsurfer, Hoopika might be just the place for you. My self I been windsurfing the last five years, so Kanaha is better suited for me. So if you are looking to rent equipment, couple of my favorite places to rent gear is Hi- Tech Maui for windsurf boards, lessons, and surfboards. For buying wind surf gear, I am a Goya Fan. They are located in the cannery in Haiku Maui. Buying surfboards Kazuma Surfboards are my board of choice, Matt Kinoshita makes unreal boards.
2. If your looking for a great sailing adventure, my first pick is Trilogy Excursions Maui. This is Maui’s premier sailing company, the Coon family has been doing it right since 1973 when they first sailed into Lahaina. They sail out of Maalaea Bay and Lahaina harbor. The day sail to the Island of Lanai is a first class experience, I have made the trip many times. You can check out the Trilogy website with this link.
4. Go to Saturday Swap Meet on the parking lot at Maui Community College in Kahului. Opens at 7am, something for everyone.
5. Watch the sunrise or sunset at Haleakala Crater.
6. Go Whale Watching
7. Take the Lahaina Ferry to Lanai for the day, pack a lunch great way to spend the day/
8. Go Zip Lining, there is one up the street from us on Kauhikoa Rd.
9. Maui has a lot of great hiking trails
10. One of the most enjoyable ways to spend an evening in West Maui, is to attend the weekly Slack Key Show with George Kahumoku, Jr. at the Napili Kai Beach Resort’s Aloha Pavilion
11. There is no better place to learn about the creatures who live in the waters of Hawaii then at the Maui Ocean Center
12. Lahaina is home to three superb evening shows. Two are at The Maui Theater – the long running ‘Ulalena and the new hit show Burn’n Love. The third show is the widely praised, hit magic show, Warren and Annabelle’s which just celebrated their 15th anniversary in 2014.
13. Visit Makena Beach, beautiful beach park.
14. Sip some wine in Ulupalkua Upcountry Maui.
15. Visit the Lavender Farm in Kula Maui
16. Visit the Surfing Goat Dairy in Lower Kula.
17. Bike down the Volcano Haleakala Call 808-891-0077 Maui Downhill Volcano Rides
18. Go to Hana
19. Mama’s Fishouse
20. Baldwin Beach